- FacingUp.org is the Web site of the Facing Up to the Nation’s Finances initiative. The site is operated by Public Agenda, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization and one of the Facing Up partners. Any information we collect through this Web site is solely for our use and for the Facing Up partner organizations in managing and improving our service.
- FacingUp.org is free and available to anyone. No personal information is required to view pages on Facingup.org.
- To participate in discussions on FacingUp.org, you will be required to register, select a username and provide a valid e-mail address. Your e-mail address will not be visible to other users and will not be shared with parties outside the Facing Up partnership.
- When you register, you have the opportunity to create a profile with optional information about yourself. If you choose to do this, your profile information will be visible to other registered users of the site.
- Any personal information you give us (including your e-mail address) will never be sold to any third party by Public Agenda or any other FacingUp.org partner.
- In general, Public Agenda will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside the Facing Up partnership. We may disclose personal information if we are required to by law, or we believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process, (b) protect and defend our rights and property, (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our site, or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
- Any content you post on FacingUp.org becomes the property of Public Agenda, including but not limited to message board postings, blog comments or wiki articles.
- As a registered user, Public Agenda may contact you in the future to keep you informed about our work. If you do not wish to receive further information from Public Agenda or Facing Up to the Nation’s Finances, contact us at email@example.com.
- We collect data about traffic on our site, such as the number and type of pages viewed and your computer's I.P. address. We use this information to improve our site, and aggregate totals may be provided to the organizations that help fund our work. But we do not and will not match this data with personal profiles to track individuals.
- We offer links to other Web sites. We also offer additional services and tools to share information that are provided by other sites. Their privacy policies may differ from ours and we take no responsibility for them.
- If you have any other questions, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you.
- For other legal information involving FacingUp.org, consult our Terms and Conditions statement.
Children Under Age 13
Public Agenda does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for a User Account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to Facing Up or any Public Agenda web site. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
Minors over the age of 13 should obtain their permission of a parent or legal guardian before registering for a User Account and/or sending any information about themselves over the Internet. In addition, Public Agenda strongly encourages you to have your parent or legal guardian review and approve your submission before submitting it to the Website.